• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I safely upgrade from PHP5.2.12 to 5.3 on my Plesk 9.3

M

MeyIT

Hello,
I searched the Forums but found no clear answer.

The goal is to Upgrade my PHP Version (5.2.12) to 5.3 without breaking my running Plesk 9.3. Server.

Can I easily use the Package Installer (YAST) from Opensuse 11.0 or do i need to build the PHP manually?

Any experiences would be helpful :)

Thanks in advance!!

You can install PHP 5.3 from repository or build it manually but only for hosting. But do not touch admin's PHP because Plesk will be broken completely.

Thanks Igor. I tried to install it form the OpenSUSE 8.0 repository but it dosen't seem to include the php 5.3 updates.

Officially OpenSUSE actual versions starts by 11.1 all < Versions are not supported anymore. Though i tried adding the 11.1 repository but no luck either. After adding no 5.3. is found in the Package Management even if i only select the specific repository. Looking in the web (http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/php/openSUSE_11.1/) tells me there is a package. In my opinion any try from a 11.0 version is opt out.

Any idea of a running 11.0 repository with php 5.3 available?

Back