• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

How Do I ... Setup Customer Certificate

RodStr

Basic Pleskian
When only running a single IP address for all customers on a Windows server ?

I've seen the ability to use "Shared SSL", but that is not what we want. Our customers want their own certificates.

For testing I have setup a "self signed" certificate for one of my domains.
All the instructions I've found say to then go into "Web Hosting Settings" and select that certificate from the drop down. THERE IS NO DROP DOWN. In fact there is NO REFERENCE WHATSOEVER to certificates on that page.
SSL IS turned on for the domain, so I have no clue where to go from here.

Is this even possible on a Windows 2008 R2 server utilizing a single IP hosting all domains, or for customers that want their own certificates, do I need to provide them with their own IPs ?

Which then becomes another problem because the Plesk server is behind a hardware firewall and the public IPs are only visible on the OUTSIDE interface of the firewall. Those then NAT internally to private IPs. Since I can't really sign a certificate using a Private IP... what then ?

Thank you

Rod

Not sure why I would be reading a SBP to Plesk manual when I have been working with Plesk since our startup with Parallels, but so be it.

That answers my question about separate IPs for each customer requiring their own certificate. Thank you.

It however says NOTHING about the fact that there are no drop downs (even grayed out ones) to allow selection of a certificate on an SSL enabled domain in the "Web Hosting Settings" screen. If these will only appear when an SSL certificate is associated with the IP that the subscription is assigned to, it would be EXTREMELY helpful if the documentation would say exactly that. That way when people such as myself are trying to learn a new process following along with instructions we can understand why our screens are not matching what are in the "how to".

It is this RTFM attitude towards a paying full subscription customer (and anyone else for that matter) that has me seriously considering other solutions.

Rod

Back