• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

How do I use a 7.5.3 backup for a 7.5.4 installation

C

CCAP

Guest
I just recently had to have the hard drive in my server swapped because my Linux install was fried. I did a backup of my current PSA settings using psadump. I intended to use psarestore on the new Plesk install to get my config back. Well, from my readin, one of the stipulations on psarestore is that you have to be restoring to the same version that you backed up.
Well, I asked ahead of time what version would be on the box after the fresh install and they said 7.5.0. So, I knew I'd have to upgrade to 7.5.3 and then do the restore.
Turns out the version loaded on the new drive is 7.5.4! Which stores sites (for one thing) in a totally different directory as 7.5.3 did. So, now what the heck do I do? Is my backup useless?
I still have access to my old drive. So, I haven't lost the content of the sites or anything. Only the Plesk config is in question right now.

Thanks!
Matt Tyree
 
Back
Top