• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do you add new services?

F

FoolishFrost

It's a simple problem: I want to have jboss start at boot.

Pity I have no idea how to get Parallels Infrastructure manager to DO that. Or plesk.

I have searched from top to bottom, and I can find no way to get plesk to just do something simple like add a new program to load at boot. It's on there, but how do I tell it to actually LOAD it whne the computer starts up? 'System Services' does not have the option, and found nothing else.

Am I supposed to do this manually?

I'm not 100% sure I understand your question, but depending on your Linux version, you'd use something like ntsysv (or chkcfg) to start it automatically at the appropriate runlevel, or you might need to put something in /etc/rc.d/init.d or similar. It depends on the application in question and how it is designed to be started/stopped.

This isn't really something you'd expect PIM/Plesk to deal with, which is why there's nothing in PIM/Plesk.

If this isn't what you mean please can you give additional details?

Faris.

Back