• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How do you restart mysql?

FAB

Basic Pleskian
Hi, I'm new on PLESK.

I saw in Tools & Settings / Services you can restart a couple of things... but not mysql.

How do you guys do to restart mysql? I tried different things in SSH, but nothing work :(

# sudo service mysql restart
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart mysql.service
Failed to restart mysql.service: Unit not found.

Weird...

# mysql
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

But it's weird, mysql works fine (I mean phpMyadmin does)

:confused:

You need to find correct service name, as an example (from my server):
# systemctl list-unit-files | grep enabled | grep -iE '(sql|db)'
mariadb.service enabled

Could you say which OS do you use? or please insert here the output of command plesk version

Reactions: FAB
plesk version gives:

Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 Update #26
Update date: 2017/05/18 18:19
Build date: 2017/03/22 17:00
OS version: CentOS 7
Revision: ab6766191d3ba26e7b21255ab007fc7fc56d84c6
Architecture: 64-bit
Wrapper version: 1.2

systemctl list-unit-files | grep enabled | grep -iE '(sql|db)'

also gives me:

mariadb.service enabled

Hi FAB,

actually, it is not "weird".... :p . You just missed the fact, that CentOS 7 doesn't use a "mysql" - database - server, but a "mariadb" - database - server as standart configuration. :D Feel free to change it to a supported database - server of YOUR choice at any time. ;)

God damned! I never heard about mariadb before :|

Is this animal fully compatible with mysql? (I will run a BIG prestashop on this server).... or do you recommand to switch it back to mysql? :D

Hi FAB,

Is this animal fully compatible with mysql?
Yes it is.

or do you recommand to switch it back to mysql?
Just like the "tastes" for operating systems ( Ubuntu / Debian / CentOS / ... ) there is for sure a taste for MySQL or MariaDB. There are some differences here and there ( pls. read for example: => MariaDB versus MySQL - Features ), but at the end both are based on MySQL ( see for example: => MariaDB versus MySQL - Compatibility ). ;)

I recommend to use the version, that suits YOU the most. ;):p:D

Reactions: FAB
Thank you so much for all those information :)
(I will try MariaDB, it look at least as good as the classic version on MySQL).

Back