• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

how make different MySQL settings for customers? (strict mode)

PietroV.

New Pleskian
Hi!

We are running Plesk 12.0.18 with MySQL (Server Version: 5.5.33-MariaDB - openSUSE package) on OpenSuSE 13.1

MySQL is running in strict mode and its fine for the most of our customers. But some are trying to run Contenido, thats a CMS, which could work with this mode and we have to disable mysql strict mode.

So my question is:
Is it possible to disable mysql strict mode just for choosen customers?

Thanks!

Best regards
Pietro

Btw: Before I post here, I checked all documentary which is available on odin.com.

No, you can only have one strict-mode-setting in a MySQL - instance. But you could install a second MySQL - server, which you can use to run with the desired setting on another port.

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. I have something already feared, but did not want to admit.
So, I have to install a new MySQL Server (instance), just for those customers.

Thanks for help. If someone have another idea, please feel free to tell us!

best regards

Actually, it IS possible... as I just found out... you could tell the MySQL - Server over the database - connector, to choose another SQL mode while connecting:

$this->query("SET sql_mode = ''");

This additional setting could be set in: "conlib/db_mysql.inc" , after the connect ( function connect($Database = "", $Host = "", $User = "", $Password = "") { ), in your Contenido installation.

Back