• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to Access psa db?

iltera

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I searched for that so long, but couldn't find a solution that helps my case.

My Plesk version is 10.4.4 and using that on Windows Server 2008 R2.

I am adding a new db under Database Servers with
localhost
admin
"plesk password"
Panel creates that db connection for me and I click on Webadmin then phpMyAdmin shows an error smth like I have to have MySQL 5.0.15 or later installed. I check the Database server version and it's 4.1.22. But the other MySQL connection show that version 5.1.56. I understand that plesk's psa database is installed on MySQL 4.1.22 (I guess it is the Plesk MySQL service on windows services) and phpMyAdmin requires only version 5.0.15 or later (and this should be de MySQL Server on windows services). In that case, can I upgrate Plesk's db to MySQL 5.1.56 too?
Or is there another option to connect to the plesk's psa database with GUI? May be, another db administration program like phpMyAdmin, that supports MySQL 4.1.22?

May be I am figuring this whole thing out the wrong way, but I would appreciate if someone guides me how to access the psa.

Thanks in advance...

I still couldn't figure that out. Can anybody just write a link to a document (if there is) where this whole thing is explained? There are old documents all over the place, but for that particular situation I cannot find any clues :(

Why are you trying to connect to PSA database server? Do you need to make change to PSA data?

If you need user MySQL databases, they are run under seperate MySQL instance, seperate from PSA, and are managed by Plesk/phpMyAdmin for customers.

Thanks for your answer.

I already have access to user databases over phpMyAdmin. What I want to do is to connect to Plesk's database to make changes that cannot be done over the panel or what's written on the localization guide.
For example, e-mail notifications can be changed over the panel, but when customer gets it, there is an english subject that cannot be changed over the panel. It also cannot be changed from the language files. I know that it can be changed from the notes table under psa db, but I cannot find a way to access psa over a graphical interface by now (like phpMyAdmin). I read over the forums (Parallels and others, too) that people see psa together with the other user databases but I think that is old information, since for Plesk 10, psa and user databases are separate.
The rest is as I wrote on the first message of this topic.

I just need to find out how to access to PSA and make my changes over it.

(I have a second server where I use a demo key for Plesk 10. I make all my tries first there, so, I am open to any kind of suggestions. I can break it down and install server from zero, that's no problem.) :)

You will need MySQL Tookit for older MySQL servers (available here: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html - scroll down to archived tools for proper version)

You will also need to execute %plesk_bin%\plesksrvclient.exe -get

This will retrieve and display Plesk PSA root password.

The username for Plesk PSA will either be admin or administrator if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps --

** Usage of the above tools against PSA database is done at your own risk!!! **
While the tools are publicly available, we all know that tinkering inside the Plesk PSA database can have bad results. I assume no liability for assistance provided above.

Thanks for the quick reply, my friend. I am starting to work on that now. Sure will post the result here,
Thanks again! :)

That's It!!!

I don't know how can I thank you! It worked just as you said. The MySQL user interface is very easy to understand, so I didn't have any hard time to figure it out :)
Just changed the neccessary tables and they worked as they should! :))
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
:D

If you get a chance, just mark the reply that had your solution as "Answer" so future users can find it :)

Glad it helped...

Too bad I can't get Parallels to respond to my topic...

Don't worry, they will... They aren't around about a few days. Next week I hope they will start answering questions.
My other topics are also answerless for a week now. Glad that you showed up ;)

Back