• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to add an domain and point to same website

Maik20Tomcat

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.52 Update Nr. 2
Hi,

i am new to plesk. I am using Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition 18.0.52 Update Nr. 2.

Under "website and domain" i have created a domain with 2 subdomains that pointet to a folder. That works great. Now i like to add a second domainname to the same website. The website could be reached under domain.tld and domain-test.tld.

Both domains should show the same website wich is based on the same database. I dont like to redirect to the first domain. I did not find any option to add a second domain to the website.

maybe some of you can help me.

Thanks alot!

Please use the button "Add Alias". When adding the alias, uncheck the 301 redirect checkbox so that you get a real alias and not a redirect.

Thanks, I try to add an alias without redirect. It seems to work. I checked by seconddomain.tld/info.txt the file loaded. But if i enter seconddomain.tld it redirects to firstdomain.tld. Maybe wordpress to redirect to the primary domain? Where can i disable it?

Wordpress knows its own URL and always - at least when clicking on a link after opening a page - uses that URL for its own links. If you want to see a different URL there, you can do a "Multisite" installation in Wordpress. In that case you'd actually have your website twice for the different domains, but you can still maintain it through the same Wordpress login. Wordpress Multisite is a Wordpress feature.

Back