• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to add domain e-mail aliases

J

joneschw1

Hello all. I would like to know how to set up a domain so that all users on that domain can receive e-mail at [email protected] and [email protected]. I would really rather not create subdomains, etc. I want to just add the alias somewhere. Is this possible? I added it to the virtualhosts.conf and restarted qmail, but I still get a bounce back when I send to [email protected]. I don't get a bounce back when I send to [email protected]. Please help. Plesk 7.5.3 RHE3

did you figure this out?

Did you ever figure this out?

And where are the actual email aliases stored? Just in the plesk DB?

Thanks.

Originally posted by joneschw1
I added it to the virtualhosts.conf and restarted qmail, but I still get a bounce back when I send to [email protected]. I don't get a bounce back when I send to [email protected]. Please help. Plesk 7.5.3 RHE3
When you added the 'mail.domain.com' to the /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains file, did you use the same prefix number as 'domain.com', if not you need to do that.

I am assuming that you meant /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains when you posted virtualhosts.conf
Originally posted by phingers
Did you ever figure this out?

And where are the actual email aliases stored? Just in the plesk DB?

Thanks.
As well as in the Plesk database, Look in the directory /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld

The proper way to create aliases is via the Plesk control panel which will create a new directory structure and other files needed for an email alias. Modifications are also done to the files in /var/qmail/users when creating an email user and such. It is not recommended to do these changes manually yourself, unless you read and understand the Qmail docs (qmail.org, qmailrocks.org) about how Qmail handles creating/modifying/deleting users, aliases, etc.

Back