1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to add missing www

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Issue, Fixes, How-To' started by Paul Rapnikas, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Paul Rapnikas

Paul Rapnikas Guest

When a domain is first set up, there is a check box next to the domain name that is being added. I have a feeling that I added a domain but forgot to check it. When I went to the webserver and checked IIS, I found the domain name, but not the "www" and domain name as a host header value. So, I added it in manually and everything worked as expected. However, I seem to lose that www.domain.com host header at times. I believe it's because I manually added that value in IIS and not through Plesk. I checked everywhere, but I cannot find out where to update my domain so that this doesn't happen again. Is there a way I can permanently make the change?

2. Nataliya Zagr

Nataliya Zagr Regular Pleskian

87%
    Hello,

You can do it in the following way:

Home > Domains > domain_name > Domain Administration > Rename domain > Check the WWW checkbox

Thank you