• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to add secondary fail-over IP in plesk

Uzair Ali

New Pleskian
I've read somewhere that it's a best practice to get atleast two IP one for own hosting subscription and one for all clients so I've purchased two public IP one is set on my main hosting "51.68.10.0" second is
"54.36.149.133" which I've set on all clients but its not working at all. My plesk is installed on Centos which is installed on Vmware esxi. My dedicated server and failover IP is from OVH

Let's talk in the right Plesk terms - your IP address can be dedicated or shared. If I correctly understood you have to use one IP address as dedicated only for your main hosting subscription and another IP address as shared for all other subscriptions, right?
If this is the right scenario, what kind of problems do you have with this? What exactly does not work?

Yes, I see that domain uzairali.com is resolvable to 54.36.149.133 IP address, but it seems that this IP is firewalled and can't be checked with ping even. I would suggest you check your network infrastructure first.

Back