• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to avoid PLESK environment construction errors

Zoo3

Regular Pleskian
I want to use Mattermost and use a fairly aggressive technique. When I normally try to build Mattermost with Plesk, I get a lot of redirects with proxy_pass. So I can't use Mattermost on Plesk.

So I created a subdomain for Mattermost with Plesk. Because I'm overwritten by Plesk even if I edit httpd.conf. Next, enable local DNS in Plesk. The certificate(Let's Encrypt) is specified with a domain wildcard.
And this is a major error factor. I create mattermost.conf in "/etc/nginx/conf.d". I listen to the server there. In other words, it loads nginx before Plesk and raises the priority. This allows me to use Mattermost without problems. I can also use other subdomains built with Plesk.

The problem is when an automatic update of Plesk occurs. It did not occur with Plesk17. Every time a Plesk update is executed, it is pointed out that the configurator for configuration is broken. The cause is mattermost.conf I made. I think that pointing out that error is a natural behavior.

Is there any way to avoid this as an exception?

---
CentOS 7.7, Nginx 1.16.1, Plesk 18.0.21#3

Last edited:
Back