• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how to backup all mysql databases of all clients

igoldman

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I would like to know how to backup all mysql databases of all my domain accounts in the server.

I found the following command :

mysqldump.exe -uadmin -p(admin password) --all-databases

but I don't know how to use this command and which argumants I need to use in order to backup all mysql databases

If you want to backup all client databases you should execute the following commands:
cmd> cd %plesk_dir%\databases\mysql\bin
cmd> mysqldump.exe -uadmin -padmin_passwd -P3306 --all-databases > backup_all_databases.txt
The backup_all_databases.txt file will be locate in %plesk_dir%\databases\mysql\bin folder.
But if you want to backup the Plesk's databases you should execute the following commands:
cmd> cd %plesk_dir%\mysql\bin
cmd> mysqldump.exe -uadmin -padmin_passwd -P8306 --all-databases > backup_all_databases.txt
The backup_all_databases.txt file will be locate in %plesk_dir%\mysql\bin folder.

Hello ,
first of all thanks about your reply ,

I would like to ask what happend if I don't want to dump all the databases to 1 file but I do want that each database will be dump to seperate file , so what I need to do ?

1.Create batch file e.g. dump.cmd
2.mysqldump.exe -uadmin -padmin_passwd -P3306 first_db > first_db.sql
3.mysqldump.exe -uadmin -padmin_passwd -P3306 second_db > second_db.sql

and so on ....

John S.G.

Back