• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to backup entire server using Psadump

qualispace

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
I want to take the backup of the entire server using the Psadump utility. Can anybody help me with taking the backup of the entire server? Also let me know how can I restore the backup in case of any emergency.

Waiting for a reply.

Regards
Nitesh N
QualiSpace

thehostmanager:

It is my understanding that the "Docs" you referred to describing the psadump command does NOT backup everything ( everything including the linux and apache install). It only backups up the domain, clients and psa configurations and domain information that Plesk uses. So quailspace will not get a "full backup" of the "entire" server with this command. But I guess it depends on a definition of "full backup". Someone please correct me if I am wrong (I'm sure you will ):p

Hi Jack,

You are right, I overlooked that. What if you run:

tar cvzf /tmp/DATE_FOLDERNAME.tar.gz /FOLDERNAME

(You should be able to use / for folder name to back up everything.) That should make a copy of all your files. Be prepared for a long download via FTP though.

So in conclusion, I don't think you can backup the whole server with psadump (I could be wrong though).

Regards,
Jeff Wickenheiser

Thanks Jeff,

I just wanted to be sure I was not doing a redundant backup. I use psadump but then I tar the important system folders that I want, separately. A pain but the only way I know of getting everything.

Not sure how feasible this would be, but what if you used CuteFTP (or similar) that can connect vis SFTP? Log in as root and FTP the works. Will take a LONG time obviously.

Just a thought.

Back