• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to block all email with a specific subject line?

M

Mateo1041

Hi everyone,

I've been getting a lot of spam daily and it all has the exact same subject line. Is there a way to block emails based on the subject in Plesk? How about through SSH? I could only find ways to block domains which is pointless.

Thanks,
- Matt.

Anyone? Or can Plesk not block emails in this manner? Or would this be something I'd need to set up via SSH instead?

If you are running spamassassin (and some antivirus other than DrWeb), you may want to check out ART's version of the qmail-scanner package, it has that feature

Blocking Subjects With Spamassassin

To make up a Spamassassin rule to block certain emails via SSH with the same subject line try this...

#touch /etc/mail/spamassassin/custom_rule.cf

Then add the following to the new file...

header LOCAL_EVERYTHINGYOUNEED_RULE Subject=~ /Everything you need, you can find here/i
score LOCAL_EVERYTHINGYOUNEED_RULE 3.0
describe LOCAL_EVERYTHINGYOUNEED_RULE Everything you need

After your done test the new changes by running the following...

#spamassassin -D --lint

#service spamassassin restart

Thanks for the reply! I'm finally getting around to this and just created a custom rule for a certain drug.

1) It looks like I can just duplicate the three required lines and create multiple rules. But can I use an OR statement to assign multiple drug subject lines to a single drug rule for example?

2) When restarting spamassassin, I'm getting the following:

Code:
[root@vps3019 spamassassin]# service spamassassin restart
spamassassin: unrecognized service

Yet I know spamassassin is working on Plesk and it shows as being enabled. Any ideas?

3) When I do the spamassassin -D --lint command, everything looks good. But I noticed the following line:

Code:
debug: bayes: no dbs present, cannot scan: /root/.spamassassin/bayes_toks

Does this mean Bayesian scanning is not turned on? It probably should be, but I'm not quite sure how to do that. Any help would really be appreciated. :)

- Matt.

It looks like the subject filter I set up did not work either. The emails are still coming through. :-(

I'm surprised spam controls aren't built in to Plesk. And no one seems to know how to filter by subject.

I can probably figure out standard SpamAssassin stuff, but Plesk seems to always have its own way of doing things.

Spam with specific subject

Daily I am monitoring Spam comes with some specific words in subject line, Can some one tell how to either block mails or update spam rules it to declare spam as soon as it starts spams.

Back