• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to change permissions for "Manage PHP Versions"

ThomasV1

New Pleskian
Hello from Germany,

maybe someone can help me?!

I run 17.0.17 of Plesk.

On the system i have all customers without a service plan because of the highly individual settings for each customer.

So, now i have some customers wich are allowed to change the PHP Version, others not...
I want now allow to all customers to change their PHP Version themselfe.

I found no way to do this via Plesk GUI, so i tooked a look in the database.

I found the Table "Permissions" there with "id", "permission" and "value"

For some very old customers, the "id" in table "permissions is equal the "account id" out of the "clients" table but for the newer ones it seems to be not the "account id" from clients..

So, does somebody know in wich table i can get the right id for the permissions table for an individual customer ?

Nice greetings from Bavaria, Germany
Thomas

Hi ThomasV1,

it is HIGHLY recommended not "to fiddle around" manually inside the psa - database. Instead, pls. use addittional AddOn-Plans ( setup within seconds! ) to modify existent Service Plans. ;)

sure, not to fiddle around without exactly knowing what i do :)

your idea with the add on plans is not bad, but seems only to be working when a customer has a service plan. but all my customers have no service plan... so i can't add a add on...
i can try to add an add-on to a customer without a service plan in plesk GUI but this has no effect

Hi ThomasV1,

i can try to add an add-on to a customer without a service plan in plesk GUI but this has no effect
Correct and expected behaviour. ;)

My personal recommendation is to setup a "standart" Service Plan, with just some basics and small limits. With an additional AddOn - Plan, you are now able to reach exactly, what you currently setup for each customer manually and the positiv effect is, that I'm pretty sure, that some of your customers have identical settings and you don't even have to setup their account now individually. ;)

yes, this is my plan for the future that i setup the service plans...

but it also would be very interesting to know how it works in the database...
so, if someone has more informations please let me know...

have a nice day
Thomas

Back