1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

how to change: Quota exceeding warning

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Mr.Yes, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Mr.Yes

Mr.Yes Guest

Is it possible to change text of automatic e.mail: Quota exceeding warning???

thanx

2. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    You can change this by editing the "Notes" table in the psa database.

3. Herby

Herby Guest

sry but u cant change there. This is only for the Client/Domain notifications and Tickets.

4. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Are you referring to the email sent when they have exceeded their limits set in Plesk?

If so, then in the Control Panel, under Server, Notifications, click on the notepad icon on the line "Account Limit Notices". This will allow you to edit the email message text. To change the subject, you would have to edit the database table as was posted earlier.

If this is not what you mean, then please clarify which exact auto email you are referring to.

5. Herby

Herby Guest

If I understood him right, I think he means the text of qmail sending out if quota of mailbox is exceeding.

6. Mr.Yes

Mr.Yes Guest

Hi James,

i mean the automatic mail sent by qmail ( i think) when mailbox is full. Most of my client (italians) do not understand what to do to clear their mailboxes so i would like to change subject and body of this message.

please help

7. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

The binary file /var/qmail/bin/qmail-local has this embedded in it:
    There may be a qmail patch (haven't looked) or may have to recompile from source.

8. Mr.Yes

Mr.Yes Guest

where can i try to find this patch? Thanx

9. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

I'm not sure there is one specifically for that, but I would search at qmail.org or qmailrocks.org

I use Google quite a bit....

Be forewarned that many of the patches may break your Plesk server's Qmail if used 'as-is'. There are a number of ways to implement Qmail, and many of the patches will NOT be Plesk friendly. So take caution!