• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to change the "Email Routing" from Local to Remote in Plesk

hermes

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Catalina 10.15
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Versión 18.0.49 Actualización 2, última actualización el 12/Ene/2023 01:52
Hi there,
I'm using a SaSS called MutanMail that acts as a router for my incoming emails and sends them to another of my choices. It works like a charm when an email comes from an external domain, but in the case of an email coming from a form in the WordPress of the website, as it's delivered in Local mode, the MX registers don't play, and the result, the email are not processed by MutantMail.

In cPanel, the solution was to click a button that changed the "Email routing" from Local to Remote.

Is that simple in Plesk?
As much as I read, I think the answer is no.
But, please, put light on this matter if you know how to make this work.

Thanks ahead!

You need to disable the email service on the local recipient domain's "E-Mail Settings". Then the host will know that it must look on the Internet for the relevant MX server.

Wow, thank you so much! It seems as easy as in cPanel.

My only doubt is if I disable the email service, I will lose the ability to save emails on my server, right?
Currently, those MX send the emails to MutantMail and then redirect them to my personal Gmail account.
If I deactivate the email service, those emails will never get to my server.

So, how to get both things working? Is there any way to create a subdomain or something like this so that I can redirect emails to MutantMail and save those emails in my own server just in case something fails? I have several online stores, and obviously, to lose emails in the several steps of the buying process would be critical.

Thanks ahead!

Yes, you will probably need to use another domain name for it. Doing it with the same domain name is not possible.

Thank you so much for your fast answer! I'll look for another way to solve my problem now that I see clearly this is not possible with Plesk, and actually with cPanel either, hehe

Back