• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to change webmail URL

Giacomo Berdondini

New Pleskian
Hello, I'm trying to change the URL for webmail of my Plesk server.
I have the same domain mycompany.com and I have two server, that I named server1.mycompany.com and server2.mycompany.com

Likewise, I'd like to have webmail1.mycompany.com pointing to webmail service on server 1 and webmail2.mycompany.com pointing to webmail service on server 1.

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Giacomo Berdondini,

to change the name of your webmail - URLs, you would first change the corresponding templates with own, custom ones on each server and you would then setup a CNAME - entry for the corresponding domain at server one for "webmail2" with the value "webmail1.YOUR-SECOND-COMPANY-FQDN".

Pls. note, that changing templates with own modifications will result in naming ALL "webmail" - URLs for each domain on your server to the desired name "webmail1". I would rather recommend to use two CNAME - records on each depending domain with the values:

webmail1 => webmail.YOUR-FIRST-COMPANY-FQDN
webmail2 => webmail.YOUR-SECOND-COMPANY-FQDN

Back