• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to check details about POP3/IMAP traffic for single email

I reopen this post only to clarify the position of pingdom alert service.
I've found the real cause of the problem... a single email used with a script for synchronization activity.
Pingdom was absolutely "ok"... I'm sorry to have created bad publicity to this great monitoring service.

I hope to see soon on Plesk more controls about single domain activity (not only single email stats but also CPU usage for a specific domain and other things useful to found any problems).

It's been more than two years since your post, I hope you or any one who reads my reply can help me on the same issue. What did you mean by "single email used with a script for synchronization activity"? How did you find it and how did you resolve it?

Hello,

Diagnose that mailbox size is what is causing your problem.

Unfortunately, Plesk doesn't have an option to check individual mailbox size. The simplest method to do this is as follows:

http://www.navette-paris-aeroport.com] taxi cdg[/url]

, then run the following command (be sure to replaceexample.com with your domain name, and username with the email user):
du -sh /var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/username/Maildir/

Thank you,
Hello!

This is my first time here and I just want to say that I’m very happy to be here and to share my opinion.

Thanks!

@Sulaiman

Is there something specific you want to ask?

If it is related or similar to this topic, it is still adviceable to create a new topic and make a clear description of the issue you encounter and/or the question you want to ask.

Regards.......

PS This topic thread might still be relevant, but it is rather old and I noticed some typos from my side in earlier posts. From every perspective, it will be good to close this topic thread and start another.

I noticed that when a mail users configures their POP3 account inside their gmail.com, hotmail.com, outlook.com the traffic for that domain spike and get their plan suspended, plesk reports POP3/IMAP consuming most of the traffic. Most of the time the customer did not now which users did this and ask us to find out.

Why adding a POP3 account into free services like gmail.com, hotmail.com, outlook.com increases POP3/IMAP traffic consumption?

Is there a way to find out which account in a particular domain is causing the traffic spike or what should I should search in the logs with account is getting accessed by google or Microsoft servers?

Thanks!

Back