• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue how to close the door 8972

Dj Master V

Basic Pleskian
Hi everyone, I have received a report of abuse of port 8972 from the server provider.
how can i close it?
----

the Portmapper service (portmap, rpcbind) is required for mapping RPC requests to a network service. The Portmapper service is needed e.g. for mounting network shares using the Network File System (NFS). The Portmapper service runs on port 111 tcp/udp. In addition to being abused for DDoS reflection attacks, the Portmapper service can be used by attackers to obtain information on the target network like available RPC services or network shares. Over the past months, systems responding to Portmapper requests from anywhere on the Internet have been increasingly abused DDoS reflection attacks against third parties. Please find below a list of affected systems hosted on your network. The timestamp (timezone UTC) indicates when the openly accessible Portmapper service was identified. We would like to ask you to check this issue and take appropriate steps to secure the Portmapper services on the affected systems or notify your customers accordingly. If you have recently solved the issue but received this notification again, please note the timestamp included below. You should not receive any further notifications with timestamps after the issue has been solved. Additional information on this notification, advice on how to fix reported issues and answers to frequently asked questions: <BSI - CERT-Bund Reports> Betroffene Systeme in Ihrem Netzbereich: Affected hosts on your networks: "asn","ip","timestamp","rpc_response" "8972","62.138.2.129","2020-04-07 06:15:21","100000 4 111/udp; 100000 3 111/udp; 100000 2 111/udp; 100000 4 111/udp; 100000 3 111/udp; 100000 2 111/udp;"

Last edited:
well at first the common language used in the forum is english, please try to translate it...
as I understand your provider informed you about an abused port on your system, therefor you can block it within the plesk firewall
How to install Plesk Firewall
and of course you have to identify the issue which absue your system

Back