• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to Completely Reinstall Plesk???

EsZeus

New Pleskian
Hey all,

i have a big Problem at the moment.
I think i messed up my Plesk installation :/
On my Rootserver, by Hetzner, i had plesk installed and all worked fine, except the mailserver (never worked for me)
so i was thinking to reinstall the plesk panel and import my backup file later.
(to get mailserver working)

Now i have a BIG mess here...
I cant reinstall plesk now. I did it one time, but all the configurations were bad and not correctly, so
i removed plesk completely, with all files and databases.
Now i want to reinstall it with the autoinstaller, but it fails all the time at
"ERROR: An error occurred during performing of installation PREP actions (see log for details)."

The last time i got it working to reinstall, i had a big mess with apache, because i couldnt load a single website/domain!
All the time it shows only the apache standard website with "Index of /"
FAIL. I dont know what to do now ;(

Can someone pls tell me, how to Reinstall Plesk Panel 11 completely, with german language package (it was not included in the last time i reinstalled) and the apache standardsite problem?
I want to make a new installation of Plesk Panel with all the domains working fine and with the german language :/

Thanks all for your help!
EsZeus

Thanks mate...
But still, all files removed, and still the problem :(

N) Install packages;
S) Show a list of packages; L) Return to primary components list;
Q) Cancel installing;
Select an action [N]:
Installing packages
sh: /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.0.9-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh: No such file or directory

ERROR: An error occurred during performing of installation PREP actions (see log for details). Installation was rolled back.
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

it is the bootstrapper file?

Why you can't just reinstall OS and then install Plesk?

Because i have too much installed already,
and reinstalling ALL of it would be a big problem.
For last Solution, i will reinstall the whole OS... But not if i can do it another way.

Should i reinstall my OS? :/

I had a similar issue a while ago.

Have you removed all of the system user accounts created by Plesk?

At one point I had upgraded my OS to Ubuntu 12, a system user was created with a user ID that Plesk needed to use for the System POP user. After changing the user ID for the pre-existing user, Plesk installed correctly.

Oh my god.

Ehm, yes, i got the autoinstaller from this site.

I will re-install the whole OS now and i really hope, i will never get so damn problems again.
Or i have to change my Panel to another one.
At the start i heard from others, that plesk is using a critical install-system and now i have to say:
they were right. Plesk is not working with yum installations very well and installation and uninstallation of a few parts are nearly impossible.
If i want to remove psa-courier-imap, i have to uninstall the whole panel.
I had so many problems now with plesk not working,
so all i can do is to hope now.

If not, i have to change :/

Back