• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question how to comress Html on Plesk Onyx

tomer628

Basic Pleskian
hi

i checked my speed loading website on this link:
Pingdom Tools
and i want to compress the Server Time Wait (attached picture)
how can i do that ?

Attachments

• 355.png
    355.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 14
If you talk about speed of hosted site, it is a question of site code optimization, isn't it?
You can use code editor in Plesk File Manager for optimization html or php index page of your site.

BTW, I would suggest you try to use Google PageSpeed Insights Plesk extension for your sites speed optimization.

HTML and JavaScript page compression (what the Google Pagespeed Insights plugin can do) will not reduce the wait time. IgorG is right when he recommends that the code itself must be optimized, because the "wait" time only refers to the data processing on the server, not on the transport time. HTML compression will only reduce the transport time, but that's not what is causing the "wait".

For manual optimization see some hints here:
Optimizing speed of website

HTML and JavaScript page compression (what the Google Pagespeed Insights plugin can do) will not reduce the wait time. IgorG is right when he recommends that the code itself must be optimized, because the "wait" time only refers to the data processing on the server, not on the transport time. HTML compression will only reduce the transport time, but that's not what is causing the "wait".

For manual optimization see some hints here:
Optimizing speed of website
hi..
thanks for info..
But i don't know how to do that :
Some hints:
Nginx:
Done- Enable smart proxying of static files (by the checkbox in Plesk)
SQL code:
How- use set operator IN instead of conjunctions of LIKE wherever possible.
How- use LIMIT to limit the number of sets retrieved to the number the script expects
How- use indexes on fields that need sorting or are part of WHERE statements
PHP code:
Done 7.1.4- Use PHP 7 or 7.1 instead of 5.6 if your software supports it (it is much faster by default)
How- check all loops (while, foreach) and make sure that inside the loops only the minimum number of transactions are done
How- solve errors instead of suppressing error messages to logs
How- use single instead of double quotes wherever no in-string variable interpretation is needed
How- use identity versus equality comparisons wherever possible (=== operator instead of ==)
How- use trinity operator instead of if-then-statements (e.g. $myvar = $i == 1 ? 'yes' : 'no')
How- sort the order of if-then-statements that the most likely to succeed is on top
How- remove unneccesary brackets
How- remove unnecessary optional parameters
How- use as little global variables and global definitions as possible
How- transfer variables by pointer to functions instead of transferring the content (e.g. myfunction (&$myvar))
How- avoid regular expressions wherever possible
How- on string replacements use one str_replace statement and arrays in it instead of using many replace statements
How- use ++$i instead of $i++ or $i+=1
How- use array_map() instead of foreach()
How- use htmlspecialchars() instead of htmlentities()
How- use echo() instead of print

It needs PHP skills. I can only recommend to hire a developer if you do not know how to maintain or develope PHP scripts.

The speed issue that you see is not a Plesk issue. It exists on other systems as well for the same code that your application is using.

Back