• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question how to configure a second plesk server as mail backup server

Oliver_Strixner

New Pleskian
So my problem is i have one plesk root server linus (MainServer), with serveral domains in webhosting (own projects) and the mailserver for all domain. but it happens regualary that the plesk server is down and no mails are delivered and get lost in space.

so my idea is to set up a smaller plesk root server as mail backup server (BackupServer). with plesk. but i did it not before so my questions are:

Code:
example.com.               86400   IN      MX      10 mx1.example.com.
example.com.               86400   IN      MX      20 mx2.example.com.

mx1 = MainServer, plesk mail server mx1... and all other domains with mailserver acticated dkim and spf
mx2 = BackupServer, should be only mx2...

Main Goal is that all incomming mails are stored in mx2, while mx1 is down. if mx1 is up again, mx2 should deliver to mx1. thats my idea.
Does it works? is it enough to do it for the main mail server? or did i have to clone all domains and emails to the backup server?
I found no advice in the docs
Configuring Server-Wide Mail Settings

any hints?

So my problem is i have one plesk root server linus (MainServer), with serveral domains in webhosting (own projects) and the mailserver for all domain. but it happens regualary that the plesk server is down and no mails are delivered and get lost in space.

so my idea is to set up a smaller plesk root server as mail backup server (BackupServer). with plesk. but i did it not before so my questions are:

Code:
example.com.               86400   IN      MX      10 mx1.example.com.
example.com.               86400   IN      MX      20 mx2.example.com.

mx1 = MainServer, plesk mail server mx1... and all other domains with mailserver acticated dkim and spf
mx2 = BackupServer, should be only mx2...

Main Goal is that all incomming mails are stored in mx2, while mx1 is down. if mx1 is up again, mx2 should deliver to mx1. thats my idea.
Does it works? is it enough to do it for the main mail server? or did i have to clone all domains and emails to the backup server?
I found no advice in the docs
Configuring Server-Wide Mail Settings

any hints?
I am searching for any good solution to do this with Plesk also, can anybody from Plesk team recommend a solution?

Back