• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to configure host-headers for a subdomain

xyptilon

Basic Pleskian
Good morning,

I have a subdomain "webmail.domain.com" and i'd like to configure additional host headers for this subdomain, for example:

- webmail.domain2.com
- webmail.domain3.com
- mywebmail.domain4.com
- newmail.domain5.com.

How do I do this? I'm not looking for complete alias functionality, just a way to add ServerAlias'es in the configuration file.

Can you describe the reason of what you want to achieve to offer the best solution? I ask this because webmail usually require to goes to Horde or other software, is not just an alias.

It's a custom webmail, pointing to other mail servers. It can be any subdomain, doesn't have to be webmail.

Then you can do a regular alias as domain2.com, domain3.com and add subdomains like mywebmail.domain2.com, gmailwebmail.domain3.com, but as I know, even if you add webmail.domain2.com will not create a folder and allow you to do a subdomain for it. So you will need to invent a subdomain name and there install other webmails. The main issue here is that domain.com will be alias of domain2.com and domain3.com so all mywebmail.*.com will go to same place.
An another way is to add a subdomain like mywebmail.domain2.com into the mydomain.com domain space. This is possible in 12.x PLESK (could be earlier as well, I do not remember). So you go to a domain.com and choose add domain and mention that will be in space of domain.com.

Good afternoon, that's not really what I need.

I have one installation of a webmail, that is accessible through different host headers. I don't want to add multiple domains/spaces in Plesk for one installation. Also the domains and subdomains vary, there is no system in it. Perhaps I"ll just modify the configuration files directly.

If you modify the configuration manually you risk that every tie PLESk will be updated, you will need to redo again.

you can create a file in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ and name it something like zzzzzzzzzzzmyfile.conf

place the configuration in there. This will never be overwriten by plesk and you are sure it is always loaded last so it will overwrite the standard webmail.* config.
If i recall correct this was the way to change the plesk webmail config in plesk 5 or 6 to get it working on php 5.3, or something with ssl, not sure.

There is a change that updates fail if you make a plesk config file immutable and that will ruin your plesk. I have never tried that.

regards
Jan

Back