• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how to configure MS sql server 2014 on VPS

Danyal Haider

New Pleskian
I recently purchased VPS from goddady. I want to deploy Dot Net application on this VPS. So i required MS SQL server 2014 to store my data. I successfully installed MS SQL server 2014 on my plesk. Now i am facing problem while creating database but unfortunately plesk giving warning on my database server dashboad. i don't know how to configure database because it's my first attempt. Warning that i found on dashboard is "Unable to determine the TCP port number used by Microsoft SQL server '.\MSSQLSERVER2014': TCP/IP protocol is not enabled in the server network configuration or the server is configured to use dynamic TCP ports.
To allow your customers to automatically configure firewall for remote database access, manually configure the SQL server to listen on a specific fixed TCP port."

Please provide me step by step solution that may be helpful for me. Waiting for your reply. Thank you

yes dear i follow your post before posting this question but still found same warning.

first i login into remote desktop then open sql configuration manager.
After this clicked on SQL Server Network Configuration. Under SQL Server network i only found Protocols for SQLServer2014 then i clicked on it's object TCP/IP. Then i opened TCP\IP Properties.

IP1, IP2, IP3, IP4, IP5, IP6, IP7, IP8 and IPALL was shown to me. All IP1 ....IPall are by-default not enable. I do nothing with any other property, just only i made changes in IP3. Then i assigned TCP dynamic port 0 and TCP port 1433. After this pressed ok. and restart the both SQL server and SQL server browser. But when i opened again then same warning shown by on DataBase server dashboard. Don't know what going wrong? Does i missed any step? Waiting for your reply! Thank you

Last edited:
Maybe you overlooked this note > Note: During configuring, do not forget to remove 'TCP Dynamic Ports' values.

Back