1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How To configure SpamAssassin ?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by igoldman, Dec 31, 2005.

1. igoldman

igoldman Regular Pleskian

23%
    Hello to all members ,

I would like to know how to configure the SpamAssassin works better ?

also , maybe my question need to be :

How to train SpamAssassin to catch spam better ?

thanks to anyone who helps me to figure out it.

2. Pavluha

Pavluha Guest

First go to Plesk -> Server -> SpamFilter and click the Help button. There are good instructions for initial setting.
    I do not hear about now self-instruction for SpamAssassin :(

3. JackL

JackL Guest

1.Updated version of SpamAssassin will be in one of the following versions of Plesk. Please don't update yourself SpamAssassin using any other distribution but from SWsoft site. It will break SpamAssassin funcionality
    2. You can train Spam Assassin as folow:
    Organize a large folder of known spam, navigate to the folder one level higher than your spam folder (something like c:\program files\swsoft\plesk\mail servers\mail enable\domains\domain.com\account\mailroot) then type "sa-learn --spam spamfoldername"
    Do the same thing with the --ham argument to train it for known good e-mail.

John S.G