• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to convert old version of the Plesk backup to the Plesk 10 version ?

A

AngelsV

Hello,

I have taken the psa backup of one server. But it failed while converting the .psa backup to .xml format. I have tried with pre10-backup-convert.exe. Please advice.

Could you please be more specific? What sort of error you have with pre10-backup-convert.exe ?

Hello,

I am getting the error as Unknown command --source. Can you provide me the correct command to covert the backup so that I can proceed further.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>pre10-backup-convert.exe --help

Available commands:
--convert Convert dump to the Panel 10 format.
--help or -h Displays this help page.

Available options:
-source Path to the source dump.
-destination Path to the destination directory.

Version: 10.0.1_build20101029.19 os_Windows 2003/2008

What is the problem?

i would also like to conver 9.5.3 backup to v 10.0.1 how i do can you do exact command my source is located at

C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\db\psa.mdb

C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\db\psa.mdb is Plesk database but not backup.

so what will be backup i tried that and it say

C:\Users\Administrator>"%plesk_bin%\pre10-backup-convert.exe" --source=C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\psa\psa.mdb --destination=C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Backup\
ERROR: PleskMainDBException
DB query failed: Unknown error

0: common_func.php3:126
db_query(string 'set names utf8')
1: common_func.php3:581
reconnect()
2: common_func.php3:546
db_connect()
3: class.cu.php:1610
cu->initCLI()
4: cuApp.php:24
cuApp->__construct()
5: Panel10.php:19
backup_Converter_Panel10->__construct()
6: pre10-backup-convert.php:9

C:\Users\Administrator>

pre10-backup-converter it utility not for internal plesk db!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back