• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question How to correctly set DNS for Gmail

Edi Duluman

Basic Pleskian
Hello!

I have followed the tutorial from google, changing my DNS settings towards Gmail's MX records.

Note that I don't want to relay my emails. I do not need to see emails in my inbox and just send them with Gmail's SMTP. I want to simply use my gmail account to receive / send mails.

You can see them here: https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/#ANY/[email protected]

1. Removed email addresses and disabled mail service for my domain in Plesk.
2. Removed the existing TXT / MX records from the domain's DNS records.
3. Added MX records from Gmail.
4. Removed A mail record, which was pointing towards my own IP

Hit update, dig looking fine when looking from the authority nameserver, on the link above.
I guess it takes a bit for the DNS records to be updated, for the rest of the world.

If you click here https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/#MX/duluman.ro without a specific nameserver, the MX records are shown fine some times.

If you hit enter or just refresh the page couple of times, some times, it shows the old entries, some times the new correct ones. ( I guess I shall wait for it to fully update ? )

Please let me know if I should have removed the TXT / A mail.duluman.ro records.
As of now, if I send an email towards [email protected] , nothing happens, nothing comes back. Will be waiting until tomorrow or the day after.

Any advice on what I did so far ? Did I do something wrong ? Don't want to spend 2 days waiting and then figure out I did something wrong thus waiting another 2 days.

Thank you very much!

Hello, your configuration is ok,

i try send you (whit my email), an email test and postifix delivered correctly.

Code:
Oct 28 13:36:58 mx1 postfix/smtp[1278]: 53A7F8D0D: to=<[email protected]>, relay=aspmx.l.google.com[173.194.69.26]:25, delay=0.79, delays=0/0/0.21/0.58, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1477653818 b2si14675219wjv.167 - gsmtp)
Oct 28 13:36:58 mx1 postfix/qmgr[12265]: 53A7F8D0D: removed

everythink is ok :)

Oh! Perfect!

I guess then I should just wait for the DNS records to spread ? As of now, I'm sending an email from my basic gmail account, not business, and I am not receiving anything.

Back