• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to create addon domain in client under reseller

S

stevemark99

Hi All,

I need your help. I am able to create Reseller client from Domain Administrator in plesk 8.6 control panel. Our reseller able to add clients to his account, but his client is not getting option for adding addon domain . How we can create addon domain in client exist under reseller. Please kindly help me ASAP. Your immediate help will be appreciated.

Below article shows that we can not add adomin domain to client under reseller . Is it true, this article is for plesk 7.5.6,
this same thing will be applicable to plesk 8.6 for windows. If there is no addon domain option then how hosting companies
promising for unlimited addon domains to plesk reseller hosting. There is a lot of confusion here, please help me.

Thanks in advance.
==================================================================================
Actually Plesk does not have a concept of Reseller clients or rather it has an incomplete concept, not like cPanel
or any other control panel.So here is how you can have Reseller account on Plesk (also what Plesk suggests):
For shared hosting you create a client, say Shared Package 1″ and all those who will purchase your Package 1″ will
go under that client and after adding the domain under that client you will have to create a Domain Administrator for it
and send the domain login details to your Shared Hosting client. And then you have Shared Package 2″ and so
on. Here shared account holder will not be able to add any more domains in it.. means no Addon Domains.

Now for Resellers you have to just create a separate Client with Add new Client option and send them the client login information
..yes, that is how it is

Source From :
http://www.eukhost.com/forums/f31/how-can-i-setup-plesk-7-5-6-support-reseller-hosting-5459/
======================================================================================

hello: I am new in using plesk and really need help:
first of all before installing my plesk control panel on my server I was making hostin using the IIS and other hosting tools and I have created the domain name and my website is working well .but when I installed the plesk control panel I created a new domain on it but I dnt know how to continue and how to link it to my website and how to create the FTP adn other issues I have read the users guide but it doesnot help..... please can any body help..

After creating the domain u have to setup a hosting account. It is done by clicking domainname -> setup icon in the
control panel. At this stage u can give ftp username/password and other options can be selected here

thnks for ur reply.but I am confused when I create a domain it creates a directory in side the plesk contents of the saem domain name on my sever hard disk . shelll I move my web directory to that forlder which plesk created it ?

There is a folder called "httpdocs" in the domainname directory plesk created. u have to move your files to this folder.
This is the root directory of your website

Back