1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved How to create CAA record for DNS Certification Authority Authorization?

Discussion in 'Plesk Suggestions and Feedback' started by Erik73, Sep 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Erik73

Erik73 New Pleskian

70%
    Hi guys,

the news said that since a few days it became mandatory for the certificate authorities to check if there is a special DNS entry "type CAA" that allows or denies them to issue a certificate for a domain. Sounds like a good idea to me to for example allow the issuance only for beloved Let’s Encrpt and deny all other CAs.

Here an article about CAA:
    DNS Certification Authority Authorization - Wikipedia

In the latest version of Plesk Onyx for Linux I tried to add this type of DNS record to a domain but could not find the required CAA type. Am I missing something? Is there another way to create this kind of record? Otherwise I would like to suggest that Plesk adds a possibility to use CAA type DNS records. I read that this is especially very useful in conjunction with the already available DNSSEC.

Thank you for your attention!

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    This functionality is now available in the Plesk 17.8 preview.

Screenshot at Sep 13 10-24-55.png

Erik73 likes this.
  3. Erik73

Erik73 New Pleskian

70%
    Awesome, thank you!