• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to create CAA record for DNS Certification Authority Authorization?

Erik73

New Pleskian
Hi guys,

the news said that since a few days it became mandatory for the certificate authorities to check if there is a special DNS entry "type CAA" that allows or denies them to issue a certificate for a domain. Sounds like a good idea to me to for example allow the issuance only for beloved Let’s Encrpt and deny all other CAs.

Here an article about CAA:
DNS Certification Authority Authorization - Wikipedia

In the latest version of Plesk Onyx for Linux I tried to add this type of DNS record to a domain but could not find the required CAA type. Am I missing something? Is there another way to create this kind of record? Otherwise I would like to suggest that Plesk adds a possibility to use CAA type DNS records. I read that this is especially very useful in conjunction with the already available DNSSEC.

Thank you for your attention!

Yes but what can I do when I run plesk 17.5 ? 17.8 is only a preview and it is not a good idea to upgrade for the moment as it is certainly not stable release ?
I have some customers that are unable to access sites that I have protected with lestencrypt https solution.
I have asked my DNS provider for the concerned domains and they have no plan for implementation of CAA records !
Please can you help ?

Back