• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

How to create ftp users for managing web sub-folders.

C

Cheong

Guest
Dear Senior members,

I have a question about creating ftp users for managing web sub-folders.

I have a plesk installed and uploaded all web files to the [httpdocs] folder.

I would like to create subfolders under [httpdocs] and allow different ftp users to upload and modify the web sub-folders.

However, it is found that the created ftp users can only access the folder [web_users/(username)]. On the otherhand, domain adminstrator can neither access the web user's folder.

Would you have any suggestion so that we can allow ftp users for managing web sub-folders directly?

Thanks very much!

Cheong
 
I dont believe that you can. Although your more then welcome to go to swsoft.com and read the documentation to get you started.
 
I wouldnt say thats an excellent guide, more like poor to fair, but it definately gets you started.
 
htaccess for ftp users

My situation is that I've got a client who manages their own site and creates their own FTP users (ie, web_users). My client needs to be able to write to those directories. Is there a way to setup an .htaccess file in the web_users directory--the top-level directory for all her FTP users-- so that she can write to her FTP user directories? The closest thing I've seen is the "password file" but this seems to limit access to only those users. Is there a way to tell Linux, "obey the user/group permissions for the web_users directories, but also allow write permission for userA" ?
 
Back
Top