• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to debug my daily cronjob

S

schnezler

First some information about my system:
I'm on a virtual server which comes by default with SuSE 9.3 Professional and a standard Plesk 8.0 installation which I've successfully upgraded to 8.1.1 using the Plesk updater.

I think I have the same problem. I can't say exactly, but it maybe happening since I installed automatic backups or additional cron tasks for my domain.

If I understand that right, the daily cron is executed by this shell script

/usr/local/psa/bin/run-parts.sh /etc/psa/plesk-cron.daily

The report that I've received by mail is:

*** /etc/psa/plesk-cron.daily/50plesk-daily Failed (code=255) ***

I've looked into the file 50plesk-daily and found these lines:

#!/bin/sh

# install_statistics
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics >/dev/null 2>&1

# install_mysqldump
/usr/local/psa/bin/mysqldump.sh >/dev/null 2>&1

# install_autoreport daily
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto daily >/dev/null 2>&1

Because I'm relatively new to Linux, it seems impossible to me to find out if there is a log for this cron that tells me which line caused the error or if I have to replace >/dev/null by a log file myself to check for that?

The easiest way I can imagine with my little knowledge - that's what I'm going to try after I've finished this post - is to run these lines from the shell myself to check for errors.

Maybe you can tell me, where should I look first?

I'm also wondering what code 255 is...

Back