• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to disable integration with Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder and remove submenu

T

TiGeRW

Hello,

Is this article http://kb.odin.com/5528 applies to plesk 10 too ?
Maybe an updated article exists ?

We don't want our customers can access to sitebuilder and have a sitebuilder menu in control panel ...
Maybe there is another method ???

Thanks for reply.

You can try this method at least. Just backup SBConfig table before cleaning.

thanks for your reply.

I checked the SBConfig table but it's empty.

So there is another table ??

Thanks.

Why Plesk Base-Package needs Sitebuilder to be installed? Why is there no option to completly remove it or dont install it:( Installer says "Sitebuilder Package is needed by Plesk-Base-Package. Is there a way to dont install it?

It is because:
No more own Business Logic in Sitebuilder. Now it’s just a library to edit sites.
No more standalone SiteBuilder product (will be available later).
No more separate license key for SiteBuilder in Plesk. Licensing is performed via Plesk main key (SiteBuilder sites property)

ok but can you tell how can we completely uninstall it ? or disable it ?

I have requested correct method for SB disintegration from developers.
I will post it here as soon as I receive it.

Actually, I do not understand the point about "Left menu". Current integration did not show any items in left menu that are related to sitebuilder. Could you please post screenshot here with it?

1) on each subscription there is a new limit:
"Sites published with SiteBuilder". You can set it to 0
In this case there will be no sitebuilder buttons in "control panel" (SMB like panel to manage hosting)

2) There is a new license key property 'sitebuilder'.
If it is set to false than the buttons also will be hidden

And what do you mean "the customers"? Plesk admins? Resellers? Clients?

1. "Sites published with SiteBuilder" is 0. But sitebuilder button in "control panel" is still available.

Instead of removing the sitebuilder button, everyone can work with sitebuilder but cannot publish the site.

Site cannot be published.

"Your website cannot be published because your subscription does not include SiteBuilder. Contact your server administrator or your hosting service provider about getting a SiteBuilder license"

2. Where can we set 'sitebuilder' option to false?

2. You can purchase license key with disabled SiteBuilder option.

We are having the same issue as AntonisK - but we would like to make SiteBuilder available only to *some* of our users, the majority should not be able to see buttons for it in their control panel.

Is this at all possible IgorG?

Hello IgorG,

Obviously we don't have this addon-plan enabled, and we have set the number of sitebuilder sites to 0. When using the client login, we still see a lot of advertisements for sitebuilder and you can in fact build your site in there (but you cannot publish).

Kind regards,

1. "Sites published with SiteBuilder" is 0. But sitebuilder button in "control panel" is still available.

Instead of removing the sitebuilder button, everyone can work with sitebuilder but cannot publish the site.

AntonisK, please check the following:

1) Overuse is not enabled in Service Plans.
2) Trial Mode for SiteBuilder is not enabled on the server / in Service Plans.

Hello custer,

Sorry to hijack this thread, but your solutions do not seem to work for me.

Disabling overuse in general is not a possibility for us, as it would be far too unfriendly to customers. We currently do not use the 'Service Plan' feature, as all subscriptions are created and managed using the API. The Service plans do not provide enough flexibility to provide any added value.

Is there any way we can manage this on a subscription level, without having to disable overuse?

Kind regards,

Hi MerlijnH,

First of all, we know about the unfortunate issue with SB being available when overuse is enabled even if there's 0 (zero) SB websites in a Service Plan / on a subscription. We are going to fix this issue (hopefully in 10.4) in the following way: a resource that's completely not available will not be made available if overuse is enabled.

Second, I'm very curious about some of your statements and I'd like to ask you some questions, if you don't mind:

Q1: Why disabling overuse is unfriendly to your customers?

Q2: Why the option to overuse only disk space and traffic isn't sufficient in your case? To provide some background for this question: we've found that many people have complained about overuse policies in 9.x, so we've added a new option in 10.x. Now you can enable overuse for disk space and traffic only, which is what most hosters want, as far as we know.

Q3: What do you want customers to be able to overuse, except disk space and traffic? Maybe you have a different business model, so I'm interested in why you have to use "full overuse" instead of "disk space and traffic overuse".

Q4: Why exactly you do not use the Service Plans feature? Maybe you can share some business case examples that aren't covered by the Service Plans feature?

I would really appreciate it if you PMed me with answers to these questions -- I hope this can help us resolve your issues and provide us with better understanding of our user base, which in turn can lead to improving our products. Thank you!

Back