• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to disable/restrict by IP <server-ip>/login_up.php ?

fabkim

New Pleskian
Hi,

I just noticed that when I access the IP address of my server with Chrome, I am redirected to the page <ip-address>/login_up.php or <server_name>/login_up
Is there a way to restrict this page by IP as is the case when using port 8443?
The "Restricting Administrative Access" feature only protects when the correct credentials are used. There is therefore a possibility of using this page to find the identifiers by brute force
Or is there a way to disable the non-8443-port access or redirecting to the 8443 port ?

Thanks

You cannot brute-force into Plesk when the Fail2Ban jail that protects the login is used. Simply activate that jail and you have peace.

yes, you are right, I forgot about fail2ban.
But leaving this page accessible lets a hacker know that Plesk is used on the server. The goal of security is to give as little information as possible, which is why I would like this page to no longer be publicly accessible at all.
So is there a way to block it ?

Or is there a way to disable the non-8443-port access or redirecting to the 8443 port ?
Hi!

Try to use the Plesk Firewall and/or to allow only a subnet for Your I-provider
If you are looking at
Code:
cat /var/log/plesk/panel.log | grep "Failed login attempt with login"
may you will see, that there is no entry (like here).

I have never had a Fail2ban notification about a failed attempt on the Plesk panel.
IMHO, SSH, installed websites (wordpress etc) and SMTP is much more the risk than Plesk per se.

Back