• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to display CPU usage values in percentage?

Plesk Noob

New Pleskian
Hello,

Currently on my Server Information page it shows my cpu stats in the following format, i am not sure what these numbers indicated, is it possible to display CPU stats in percentage format in Plesk onyx?

upload_2017-7-19_6-5-18.png

OS ‪: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS‬
Plesk Version : Plesk Onyx Version 17.0.17

Regards,
S.M.

Last edited:
I don't think thats correct, cause when it showed usage "6.x" my server was almost inaccessible, it way fully overloaded. so this value probably isn't in percentage and its quite confusing, i am not sure what does it indicates.

The cpu usage gives you the load of the total of all cpu cores where 1 is 100% of one core. A cpu load of 4 means that 4 cpus would be needed to instantly process all requests. So a cpu load larger 1 is not an issue on systems with multiple cores.

Example:
On a 12-core-processor a cpu load of 6 means that the system has a 50% overall load.
On a 4-core-processor a cpu load of 1.10 means that the system has a 27.5 % overall load.
On a single-core-processor a cpu load of 0.86 means that the system is experiencing an 86% load (too much, see below).

Normally you should make sure that a cpu is not experiencing loads above 70% as collisions of processes increase exponentially. A system can operate trouble-free with a 60% load for example, but at 70% it becomes a lot slower than an increase of 10 percentage points would suggest.

For your numbers from above (0.86, 1.17, 1.20): They are just barely enough if you have 2 cpu cores available. If you only have a single core, you should move up to a better machine or virtual host.

Your answer makes perfect sense :)
I have a 12 Core CPU, so at 6-7, it was around 60% in use.
Now i get it,
Thanks so much :)

Back