• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to downgrade from PHP 5.3 to 5.2 without broking Plesk?

D

DanieleF

Hello, since I can't use Zend Optimizer on PHP 5.3, I would like to downgrade from PHP 5.3 to 5.2. When I've upgraded from 5.2 to 5.3, I've used yum because I'm on CentOS.

My doubt is that I could broke Plesk. Can you suggest me a safe method to downgrade?

You can get all RPM files from a source PHP 5.2 and just force the install, then will work, but you need to be sure all PHP modules will be there as same as PHP 5.2.
If you have used ART repository, then is easy.

Doing yum downgrade php* (two times) should downgrade php to version 5.2.17. If you don't want php 5.3 to be installed when, for example you will need to install another php module just add in /etc/yum.conf :

exclude=php*5.3*

downgrade took out apache!

I am trying to do the same thing. I upgraded mysql and php to latest version, then realized zend guard loader will not load my files encoded for zend optimizer. I tried "yum downgrade php*" two times and it did downgrade my php, but it also made apache stop running and I could not start it until I upgraded back to newer php version.

I still need to figure out how to go back to an earlier version of php without taking down apache with it. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your input. For anyone who is interested, I think I found a bit more detail on how this should be completed. If anyone has a moment to look this over and see if it looks legit, I will probably be trying these steps sometime in the near future to resolve my issues.

http://www.atomicorp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5086

Downgrade php without breaking plesk

I ussualy do this:

# yum remove php*
(plesk gets broken but no problem)

I download plesk autoinstaller from parallels.com and install it again, in the installation i select php and php5.1.6 installs.
All the configuration and data in Plesk is OK.

Install the atomic repositories like this
# wget -q -O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic | sh

edit /etc/yum.conf and add this line at the end
--> exclude=php*5.3* mysql*5.5*
this is very important for not upgrading those versions (mysql5.5 breaks plesk)

# yum update

and you have Plesk with php 5.2.17 and mysql 5.1 working OK.

mysql5.5 breaks plesk - indeed, but you can edit my.cnf and fix it, 3 or 4 lines need to be commented.

I need to run php 5.2.17 on my CentOS 5 installation. I use the CentOS IUS repository as recommended on the CentOS Wiki (yum replace php --replace-with php52).

Unfortunately this stops Plesk updates from working - and it fails with errors (e.g. File specified by 1bdb72c3-a013-88b9-9d8a-51a5d3d2e068 was not found; File: LogFile.php; Line: 36; Type: Smb_Exception_NotFound).

The only way I have found so far of getting around this is to downgrade php 5.2.17 back to the original php 5.1 installation, restart Plesk, run the Plesk updates, then upgrade back to 5.2. A little bit painful!

Back