1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to emails from the queue after a few days

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by qualispace, Jun 27, 2006.

1. qualispace

qualispace Regular Pleskian

73%
    Hello,
    I am running Qmail in a Red Hat ES 3.0 box. While checking the queue in the Qmail, I can see that there are lot of emails which are undelivered but still in the queue. Some of the emails are older than 7 days. I want to know how can I delete emails from the queue if they are older than a few days. For example, if an email is in the queue for 3 days or more, it should get deleted automatically. Kindly help me with this.

2. wagnerch

wagnerch Guest

The default is approx. 7 days. If you want the mail to be dumped quicker, then create a file called queuelifetime in the /var/qmail/control folder and inside of it set the queue lifetime in seconds (4 days = 345600, for example).