• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to enable control panel access for mail users by command line

openairhoster2

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
I can create a mail account by command line with mail, but I don't see where I can give that mail user access to the control panel (in order to set his own autoresponder or forwarding).
As Domain user or admin, I can enable that for the user in Plesk after creating the account, but I cannot set that via command line.
Do you know where I can set that via command line?

Michael

Hi UFHH01,

thanks for the links but really, I did my best to find the appropriate command in those manuals. I am also aware of the search function and used it extensively. I have been working with this reference for years, but I really cannot find the command or option to enable control panel access for mail users. Could you at least point me to the correct command?

Hi openairhoster2,

The default setting is: cp-access-default="true"

Command "/usr/local/psa/bin/mail --help" will anwser your question with this output:
Available commands:
--create or -c <mail>@<domain> creates mail account
--update or -u <mail>@<domain> updates mail account parameters
--remove or -r <mail>@<domain> removes mail account

--info or-i <mail>@<domain>retrieves mail account information
--on <domain>enables mail service fordomain
--off<domain>disables mail service fordomain
--update-service <domain>Update mail service fordomain
--rename <mail>@<domain>Rename mail
--help or-h displays thishelp page
-cp-access <true|false> allows or prohibits logging to control panel as user

If the command string "-cp-access" is not available with your Plesk version, please consider upgrading to a newer/actual Plesk version.

Back