• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to get PSA SpamAssassin to delete rather than tag as spam

K

kabarty

I have found a solution to the whole 'spamassassin stops working when I choose the delete option instead of tagging as spam'

It's so simple it's scary...

Under the client's email configuration for the mailbox, within the What to do with spam mail section, make sure that the 'Mark as spam and store in mailbox' option is CHECKED. Yes, checked.

Then completely blank the box marked Modify spam mail subject by tag textbox and/or remove the tick from the checkbox.

Then, if you check the actual spamassassin settings for the individual user in /var/qmail/mailnames/<domain>/<user>/user_prefs you should see that it's rewritten it with 'rewrite_subject 0' correctly

Hope that helps frustrated spamassassin users!

This works on 7.5.3 and 7.5.2

I don't like replying to my own threads, but there's some more information...

I can't get this 'trick' to work by updating the database and then running mchk -v so it looks like it's a manual job through the interface....

Ignore all that - all I managed to do there is get it to not tag the subject... (Which is an art in itself it seems)

*sigh*

Back