• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to get Qmail to relay/forward specific domain(s) to another MX

I

Inaba

I'm having a problem with verizon.net. They won't accept email from my server - my IP range is black holed due to others from within my hosting company that potentially spam.

Regardless of the reason, some of my users try to email people at verizon.net, but qmail justh olds them in the queue, because verizon.net won't answer my IPs at all (some sort of DROP policy I assume).

I would like to relay the mail destined for verizon.net through another mx that I own on a different subnet. This in and of itself is easy with /var/qmail/smtproutes.

However, I need to authenticate on the remote MX... I can't seem to do this with a line like:

verizon.net:ip.of.mx:port login pass

The mail is forwarded properly to the remote MX, but no authentication is taking place, and the mail is being rejected.

How can I get the auth to work properly with the version of Qmail that Plesk provides? I've searched and found a number of "fixes" for this, by applying patches to qmail... but since I don't have the source on the system, nor the desire to recompile it, is there any other solution?

How can I contact them directly? Is there a number I can call or an email address?

The link in that thread you listed is the same whitelist link I've filled out over 10 times in the past 6 months. They have never responded to it at all, nor am I on a whitelist, so the link is useless.

Is there another way to contact them?

Back