• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to give access to my developer?

FarukB

New Pleskian
Hi
I need to give access to my developer so he can take a look at some script that's installed. I only want to give access to the domain where the script is installed and hide all my other domains.

Is there a way where I can give my developer login url with my login credentials so that he only has access that one domain only?

thx

Hi
I need to give access to my developer so he can take a look at some script that's installed. I only want to give access to the domain where the script is installed and hide all my other domains.

Is there a way where I can give my developer login url with my login credentials so that he only has access that one domain only?

thx
A chrooted access is the way.
It can be turned on using the panel.

Alas it needs some tinkering afterwards because he will find out that he's got a very limited subset of the available programs.

One shouldn't give this access carelessly.
Someone with bad intentions can still have an advantage to get in.
It should be granted to people you can trust, but some limit has to be imposed to protect accidental changes.

You can add more programs using special scripts available on Plesk.

Do a search on chroot and Plesk.

A chrooted access is the way.
It can be turned on using the panel.

Alas it needs some tinkering afterwards because he will find out that he's got a very limited subset of the available programs.

One shouldn't give this access carelessly.
Someone with bad intentions can still have an advantage to get in.
It should be granted to people you can trust, but some limit has to be imposed to protect accidental changes.

You can add more programs using special scripts available on Plesk.

Do a search on chroot and Plesk.

Thx for that. That's too complicated for me so I just gave access via FTP and got it sorted

Back