1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to implemnt

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.0 and Legacy General Discussion' started by dimensions, Jun 11, 2005.

1. dimensions

dimensions Basic Pleskian

57%
    We are a little confused as to how we can install the Plesk Expand.

We currently have PSA 7.5.3 running and is live.

We are thinking of separating Plesk email and web server.

We would be adding a new server to facilitate this.

On which server will we requrie to install Expand?

Will it automatically migrate all the accounts?

Is there any other software license requried?

2. poke

poke Guest

On which server will we requrie to install Expand?

BOTH

Is there any other software license requried?

The non plesk, cetralized mail server will need 1 DR WEB lic and for every server you use, you will need of course a psa lic.

Will it automatically migrate all the accounts?

Not played around with this yet ;)

regards,
    poke

3. Cranky

Cranky Guest

It's supposed to migrate all the data for you, but I've not tested it yet ... will do soon though.

4. ZopfWare

ZopfWare Regular Pleskian

57%
    I just upgraded my Plesk Expand running on a server with Plesk 7.5.3 running on it also. I have a 2 server unlimited/never expires licence for Expand, however since I upgraded to 1.1 says that I don't have the licence for the centralized email or centralized DNS. Do I have to pay more money above and beyond the $200/server that I have already paid? Does anyone know why my old "unlimited" license for expand doesen't support the new features?

5. poke

poke Guest

I just installed expand 1.1 on a VPS RH9 and want to use it as a dedicated mail server.

I've got an expand unlimited lic and plan on getting a dr web lic, is there anything else I will need license wise?

Is there a central mail license or something?

TIA,
    poke

6. poke

poke Guest

Yeah I only need the expand and dr web(if i want) licenses.

I've got all boxes running exp1.1 and mysql 4.x w/ SB v2 and all seems to be working great. Thanks to my management team!

I've been advised to wait on the centralized mail server though..... at least a few weeks..... The mysql upgrades have done wonders though in server speed. Especially with the Site Builder!

lata,
    poke

7. Cranky

Cranky Guest

Hey,

Did SWsoft (who?) tell you to hang back a few weeks for centralised mail?

8. ZopfWare

ZopfWare Regular Pleskian

57%
    I spoke with SW-Soft and they said it would all be available on Monday (the 20th). They said that if you already have a plesk license you will need to pay a one-time license fee of $99.00/mail server and a one-time license fee of $99.00/DNS

This is, of course in addition to your $199/server Expand license and in addition to whatever Plesk license fees you have.

Seems like after a few servers and DNS etc... you could pay for their HSP Complete package and get a whole lot mor bang for your buck.

9. poke

poke Guest

Thanks for the update on the Mail Server/DNS Server pricing. Figures they want that extra buck! :rolleyes:

Cranky, 4psa advised me to wait on the central mail server. That might be because i have many clean server and spam guardian licenses though and maybe they want a solution for me before I make the switch. I am very happy for the moment though!

-poke

10. Cranky

Cranky Guest

$99/mail and $99/dns for the centralised servers, or for every plesk server you want to utilise the centralised servers?

HSPc won't replace Plesk/Expand but will integrate with it.