• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to instal Wildcard SSL

SamirM

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
I am running a CentOS 6.5, 64-bit server with Plesk 12.0.18, and need to install a wildcard SSL for one of the domains/sub domains hosted on this server.
Would appreciate if anyone can give me step-by-step instructions on how I can do this....
Thanks.

Igor, that article says its possible, but I am sure no one at Plesk has tried it. When we receive the SSL cert from the issuing authority they come as a zipped file with 4 attachments in it, of which one is the .crt file the other 3 files are called the .ca-crt files or the CA Bundle, no where on which panel do you have th facility to add all the 3 files required, even after opening these files via a text editor and copy pasting the codes into the boxes provided in the panel, it still doesnt work, which leave me with the option to only upload one of the 3 CA bundle files....
So how do i proceed????

When i import one of those 3 cert files, the panel gives me the following warning msg:
Warning: the CA certificate does not sign the certificate.

Hi SamirM,
Who is your certificate provider?
They should have instructions as to which are your intermediate/s and which order.
Some have two intermediate certificates that you have to put (copy and paste) in the CA box.
For instance COMODO EV certificates have 2 intermediates...

COMODOExtendedValidationSecureServerCA.crt
COMODOAddTrustServerCA.crt

which both need to be pasted into the CA box. They also include the final Root CA (AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt) which does not need to be added to the CA Box.
I hope that helps a bit.
Kind regards

Lloyd

EDIT: I like Notepad++ as it adds "Edit with Notepad++" when right-clicking on pretty much any file.

Last edited:
Llyod, its Comodo that has supplied the certificate, and I got the foll parts from them:
1. AddTrustExtrnalCARoot
2. COMODORSAAddTrustCA
3. COMODORSADomainValidationSecureServerCA
4.STAR_domainname
in the plesk panel there are option for either uploading the file or copy pasting, if I use the copy paste, then I add the cert which i generated when i initially added the SSL, and then send that to the issuing authority to get ethe CA bundle....now if I have to copy paste the CA bundle , the 3 parts it does not show any result...so the only option i have t is to upload the files, but then i can only upload any one of those 3 files????
So i am stuck.....

So you have the csr and private key installed (and domain.crt?), you just need to open..

1. COMODORSAAddTrustCA
2. COMODORSADomainValidationSecureServerCA

On your desktop and combine the two files into a new intermediate.crt file and upload that as the CA File.

But I'm not sure why you can't add it as text.

Back