• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

How to install CentOS 7 on 1&1 virtual server?

Tomas_Kulikauskas

New Pleskian
Hello,

I want to update CentOS from:

Code:
Version     Parallels Plesk v12.0.18_build1200140606.15 os_CentOS 6
OS     CentOS 6.6 (Final)

to CentOS 7.

What steps I need to do to install CentOS 7?

Hello,

I don't believe Plesk supports full OS upgrades. You're probably better off migrating to a new CentOS7 server instead.

Kind regards,
Chris

Hi,

Plesk does not support OS upgrade CentOS6 -> CentOS7. (And as I know OS upgrade for CentOS itself is still in testing, not in "production ready" status)

You should use Transfer to new server. Setup new server with Plesk 12 & Centos 7 and use Plesk UI on new (destination) server to transfer.
Key notes are described here: http://kb.odin.com/en/121368

CentOS 6 cannot be really upgraded to CentOS7 - it doesn't work even if no Plesk on board. CentOS 7 declared availability of OS upgrade at some point, but it didn't work.

You also probably cannot install new OS at virtual server.
Instead (as suggested above) you may need to request new server from 1&1 and move your Plesk there

If you want to have OS upgrades available, you need to switch Ubuntu/Debian. Next version of Plesk would support dist-upgrade on those OSes and even now dist-upgrade can work there with Plesk for a skilled administrator

Back