• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to install PDO_DbLib for PHP 5.6

jacubb

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have Plesk Onyx 17.8 running on CentOS 7.5 and I would like to install PDO_DbLib extension for PHP 5.6. I have tried more tutorials, but they didn't work for me. Anyone can help me?

Thank you.

Thanks for a fast reply!

However, no luck.

yum install plesk-php56-pdo
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
Package plesk-php56-pdo-5.6.36-centos7.18042712.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

If it is already installed, you should have already loaded pdo modules. Check it with:

# /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php -m | grep pdo
pdo_mysql
pdo_pgsql
pdo_sqlite

/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php -m | grep pdo
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/plesk/php/5.6/lib64/php/modules/pdo_dblib.so' - /opt/plesk/php/5.6/lib64/php/modules/pdo_dblib.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
pdo_mysql
pdo_pgsql
pdo_sqlite

Looks like that you have defined nonexistent pdo_dblib.so module file in the one of ini file. Check it and find this ini file with:

# grep -R pdo_dblib.so /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/*

Then remove this file or comment the corresponding line in this file for fixing this error.

It returned this:

grep -R pdo_dblib.so /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/*
/opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php.d/pdo_dblib.ini:extension=pdo_dblib.so

/opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php.d/pdo_dblib.ini is your custom php config. Plesk doesn't ship this config. So, you can just remove it and use pdo modules shipped by Plesk package
plesk-php56-pdo

Can you please write me how can I do it? I am not familiar with CentOS commands :/ I just need to install dblib driver and get it work with freetds version 8.0.

1. Delete file /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php.d/pdo_dblib.ini

2. Run:

# plesk bin php_handler --reread

3. Check that you have no errors with

# /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php -m | grep pdo

4. Try to run your freetds version 8.0 (sorry, I'm not familiar with it)

Back