• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question How to install PHP 5.6.40 on Plesk 18.0.58 and Debian 12.4?

vaniusg

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12.4
Plesk version and microupdate number
How to install PHP 5.6.40 on Plesk 18.0.58 and Debian 12.4?

I know you should avoid using PHP 5.6 but I just migrated an old server to a new one and there are several old sites that still use PHP 5.6.
How do I install this version simply/automatically?

In the Plesk settings (add features) only PHP 7 and 8 appears.

Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 75153-php-versions.png
    75153-php-versions.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 0
I strongly recommend using the PHP Packages of DEB.SURY.ORG when using Debian (or Ubuntu).
It's way easier to install and more secure, as if you compile yourself using the original PHP sources, you'll gonna have very serious security vulnerabilities like CVE-2019-11043 on your hands...

Hello, I need to install php 5.6.40 fpm because I cannot update a website and I have tried many ways, but I don't know how to follow the steps. Can you help me? I have debian 12

this should work (for Debian 12):

1) adding deb.sury.org repo
Code:
curl -sSLo /tmp/debsuryorg-archive-keyring.deb https://packages.sury.org/debsuryorg-archive-keyring.deb
dpkg -i /tmp/debsuryorg-archive-keyring.deb
sh -c 'echo "deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/deb.sury.org-php.gpg] https://packages.sury.org/php/ $(lsb_release -sc) main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/php.list'

2) installing PHP 5.6 (FPM)
Code:
apt update
apt install php5.6-fpm

3) registering PHP 5.6 (FPM) in Plesk
Code:
plesk bin php_handler --add -displayname 5.6.40 -path /usr/sbin/php-fpm5.6 -phpini /etc/php/5.6/fpm/php.ini -type fpm -id deb-php56-fpm -clipath /usr/bin/php5.6 -service php5.6-fpm -poold /etc/php/5.6/fpm/pool.d

Thank you so much!!
Now I get error 500 and 404 on the website.
I'll see the reason. I have everything the same as on the previous server.

Old server:
bcmath curl dba dom enchant fileinfo gd imagick imap intl ioncube_loader_lin_5.6 json ldap mbstring mcrypt mysql mysqli mysqlnd odbc opcache pdo pdo_mysql pdo_odbc pdo_pgsql pdo_sqlite pgsql phar posix pspell redis soap sqlite3 sysvmsg sysvsem sysvshm tidy xmlreader xmlrpc xmlwriter xsl zip

New server:
bcmath calendar ctype curl dom exif fileinfo ftp gd gettext iconv son mbstring mysql mysqli mysqlnd opcache pdo pdo_mysql phar posix readline shmop simplexml soap sockets sysvmsg sysvsem sysvshm tokenizer wddx xml xmlreader xmlwriter xsl

Could it be that something is missing to install?

I have tried with apache and nginx and error 500 and 404

I just tried another migration with the tool:

It tells me several errors:
The following Apache modules are not installed on the destination server: systemd.

The following Apache modules are disabled on the destination server: allowmethods, auth_digest, authn_anon, authn_dbd, authn_dbm, authn_socache, authz_dbd, authz_dbm, authz_groupfile, authz_owner, cache_disk, cache, data, dav_fs, dav_lock, dav, dbd, dumpio, echo, expires, ext_filter, info, lbmethod_bybusyness, lbmethod_byrequests, lbmethod_bytraffic, lbmethod_heartbeat, log_config, logio, lua, mime_magic, mpm_event, passenger, proxy_ajp, proxy_balancer, proxy_connect, proxy_express, proxy_fdpass, proxy_ftp, proxy_scgi, slotmem_plain, slotmem_shm, socache_dbm, socache_memcache, substitute, unixd, version, vhost_alias.

The old server is a plesk obsidian that has been updated over time since version 16, I think...

There are more errors but I think they are extensions.

Could you help me? you save my life

Back