• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved how to install plesk 17.8 on Windows server 2016

Adam King

New Pleskian
could anyone help me with a problem. I am a windows server 2016. Basically I have got a problem with installing plesk 17.8. Basically I start the process like normal windows install . I go through the process like normal. Then I leave it to do it. But unfortunately I get error message unable to create admin account and password.

please could you help me with this problem.

If you also know how to install plesk 17.530 from a local drive. Please contact me. I have got the files on a hard drive. But I don't know how to install from local directory.

What exact error message do you have?
that exact same message. unable to create admin account and password. I actually am talking with the support now. I am thinking it is something about the windows local users and password policy. But unfortunately I don't know what is up with it. Because I was thinking about when you first install plesk. We have to login using windows local users. Then we have to choose a password for the admin account, there is no notice anyway that says, that the password must be certain way or perhaps it needs to be length. So I don't know what else.

I have got the 17.530 files on my computer. But I don't know how to install them. Because the only way that I know that definitely work is update your older plesk 17.530. But unfortunately if you are like me and have done a complete clean install of windows server 2016. Then I really don't know what else to do. But if you have found a way to get it repaired. Please could you tell me. Likewise I will tell you. It is nice that I am not only person who has these problems.

I have found a way of install plesk 17.530. This is not a easy to install plesk. but if I can do it. Then anyone can. First step is download the autoinstaller from plesk website. But you will need to save as. Not run it. Then you must go into command prompt. Advice. Don't try using windows based command prompt software. because it doesn't work. To get it into you use Windows search for cmd.
Once you are in the command prompt. You will need to go to wherever you have saved the file. Once you have found that file. You need to run this command. plesk-installer.exe --console --all-versions. And basically just followed the instructions on the screen. Then you can just leave the screen open and get on with other things,

Back