• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question How to install Plesk component on CentOS 6

Kniar

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I've got a EOL CentOS 6 I can't easily migrate due to lot of ip addresses. The Plesk is Obsidian 18.0.31.

I want to install fail2ban.

1/ Using Plesk web interface it returns an error like "there is no product for your os"

2/ Using command line (plesk installer --select-release-current --install-component fail2ban) it returns "ERROR: The product 'plesk' is not installed yet"

Is there a way to install a Plesk component on EOL os ?

CentOS 6 is no longer supported:

You can however install Fail2ban manually, there are lots of guides if you google for it.

I know CentOS 6 is no longer supported. It's a shame not to have access to a Plesk repo like CentOs vault repos.

Please migrate your Plesk to a modern supported OS and install any component that you want.

Back