• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to install redis for Plesk Obsidian 18.0.30 on CentOs 8?

xeovia

New Pleskian
Hello,

I already tried instructions from Instruction - How to install latest Redis server but got error:

This systems seems to use systemd.
Please take a look at the provided example service unit files in this directory, and adapt and install them. Sorry!

Can I do it via docker? When I open docker it asks for server and port. I assume server is localhost, what is the port?
Can I the browse for images?

Full instructions preferred. :)

Thank you!

Hi,

Thank you. I installed Docker extension. Now I should "Add new" then it ask for settings like host and port, what should I put as a port?
Or how can I access images library, since I don't see any options for it?

Open Docker extension and in the search field below button "Upload image" type 'bitnami/redis'. Then click Run button and setup Redis docker as on the picture from the mentioned article.

Hi,

Thank you.

When I click Docker on left menu:

docker1.png

Then I click: Add server:

Docker2.png

Can't see library option anywhere, am I doing something wrong? :)

At the moment latest version of Docker extension does not support local Docker on CentOS 8 but only remote.
Local Docker is supported in Plesk for the following operating systems: CentOS 7, RedHat 7, Debian 8, Debian 9, Ubuntu 16.04, and Ubuntu 18.04.

Di seguito sono riportate le istruzioni su come utilizzare la finestra mobile Redis in Plesk Come ottimizzare WordPress con Redis e Docker

Hi IGOR, is this configuration ok for NEXTCLOUD too?

The address of the server or localhost must be put in the entry
REDIS_MASTER_HOST: localhost

My server is Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS

//1. In the Screenshot there is the value “REDIS_MASTER_PORT_N” but it seems to be cut of.
I set mine just to “REDIS_MASTER_PORT_NUMBER” – is this correct?

//2. I want to run Redis on my vServer – so I set “REDIS_MASTER_HOST” to the value localhost – is this correct or should I use 127.0.0.1?

//3. So I installed it on localhost to test it but it gave me an
# WARNING: The TCP backlog setting of 511 cannot be enforced because /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn is set to the lower value of 128.
How to solve this?

Thank you
Here is the instruction how Redis docker can be used in Plesk How to Optimize WordPress with Redis and Docker

Last edited:
For error:
WARNING: The TCP backlog setting of 511 cannot be enforced because /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn is set to the lower value of 128.

I got lost, I read your article, but I didn't understand anything

thank you so much. I am attaching the image so you can read it better

setup.png

Back